Creating the firm and market data files for the abnormal return calculators of this website can be a time consuming process: You must find a source for your financial data and then compile the files such that they live up to the requirements of our calculators.
There is an easier way! Our data files compilation service taps into the required data sources and compiles the market and firm file for your specific analysis. Since we incur costs for the financial data, we charge you a small fee (5 USD) for this service. The abnormal return calculators remain free and you can always fall back to compiling the files manually - as users did for the first 110k analyses with our abnormal returns calculators.
The data compilation service works as follows:
- You prepare the request file for your analysis as if you want to use one of our abnormal return calculators (incl. all event parameters), with one difference: Use Yahoo! ticker symbols as your company and indices names. Also, limit your file to 50 lines. Here is a sample request file with correct ticker symbols.
- Then, upload this request file to the data files compiler
- Please be patient and wait until the tool has collected the required data and brought it into the right format - this can take up to several minutes depending on your request size
- Check out on our payment page (costs: 5 USD)
- Download the firm and market data files as required for use with our abnormal return calculators
We urge you to make use of this service for two reasons: First, it saves you plenty of time. And second, it allows us to keep the abnormal return calculators free - which, in the face of hosting and development costs has always been a challenge. Therefore, let's save you time and ensure that this website stays up and continues to evolve!